Sunday, October 27, 2013

Unschooling Puerto Rico

Last week we returned from an amazing trip to Puerto Rico, where I spoke about Peaceful Parenting and Radical Unschooling. The workshop was amazing, and there were people from every end of the parenting spectrum there who learned so much. The questions were great and there was even a news reporter there who was so intrigued with the philosophy. The event was publicized for weeks through newspapers and television there! It was even posted at City Hall as a "city event!" That was a first in my career and one I was surprised and proud of. So many people are coming to understand this life and opening their hearts and minds to a possibility of a better future for our children and the World. 
I made some delicious meals for our host, Franka and our friends while there.
Tiff's dream of paddle boarding on her birthday came true! Being in Puerto Rico made it all the better.
Here are my books, for sale at my workshop. I signed more than I can count.
Our friends from NH met us there and we had an awesome day at an island where we were the only visitors that day! We hired a private boat there and then to the bioluminescent bay where we saw one of the world's more incredible sights! 
  
Here Tiff and I are with our friends who flew down from NY to attend my workshop. It was nice to spend time with them there! 

Here is a photo that Joe took near the house where we were staying. His passion for photography was able to bloom while we were there!


It was the most incredible trip that we have ever taken. I wasn't expecting that to be honest where we have traveled extensively over the last several years speaking about Unschooling and peaceful parenting. Puerto Rico holds our hearts and it is the ONLY place that we have visited in which our entire family agrees that they want to go back to visit soon. We can't wait to return in 2014! 


~Peace & Love, Dayna

No comments: